Before you can be a legal driver on the Jamaican road, you must first go through the process of learning to drive. Doing this legally requires a Provisional Driver’s License – otherwise known as a Learner’s License.
The process of acquiring your
What you’ll need:
- Two certified
photos (Must be stamped and signed by a Justice of the Peace or passportsized other authorized person).
- $1800 Learner’s License Fee
- Completed Application Form (To be provided at the Tax Office)
Where to go
Once photos are certified,
The terms of the Learner’s License are as follows:
- A Learner driver should only operate a vehicle on the road when under the supervision of someone who holds a Driver’s License;
- An “L” should be clearly displayed on the front and back of any vehicle being operated by a Learner;
- Any vehicle other than a private vehicle should not be used to transport passengers or goods while being driven by a Learner.
It is also recommended that the following books be purchased to assist with learning the rules of the Jamaican road.
Both books will be instrumental in preparing for the written section of your Driving Test.
Take our Mechanical Practice Test here: http://experiencejamaicanow.com/quiz/jamaican-mechanical-test-prep/
Take the Road Code Practice Quiz here: http://experiencejamaicanow.com/quiz/the-jamaican-road-code-test/